Sunday, February 19

Runway Report... NYFW... Part 2


Anna Sui

Part 2 of NYFW was all about referencing past decades, the 20's, 40's, 60's & 70's were major influences. There was a lot of mixing of textures & fabrics, lace, fur, leather & sequins all in one collection. My favourite collection from New York had to be J Mendel - glamour, glamour, glamour & with Oscar season looming, I'm sure we will be seeing these stunning gowns on the red runway soon enough, who could resist the 20's style beading?! I always love Anna Sui's optimism & sense of fantasy in her collections, how fun is the 70's style kaftan above? As always, Michael Kors' collection was sophisticated & super glamorous - 'rugged glamour' as he put it! He wins first place for beautiful furs this season &  his mixing of textures is so well executed - lace with fur, tweeds with leather & feathers - love! I can't even put into words how much in love I am with Marchesa's collection, if I could wear 1 designer gown, it would be Marchesa! I can't wait to see what the London designers have in store for next season...


J Mendel
 





Michael Kors



Diane von Furstenberg



Tory Burch
 



Marchesa
 




Naeem Khan





What were your highlights from NYFW?

2 comments:

  1. incrdible the blue dress, i really love it!!
    nice to meet your blog :P

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's a beautiful colour! Thanks for stopping by, hope you visit again soon :) Ashleigh xXx

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!!

It's lovely to hear from you :) x♥x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...